"Never explain--your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway." --Elbert Hubbard (borrowed from "Love Them Anyway"
For most of my life, I didn't feel the need to "explain, validate or justify" my beliefs or actions. I just "did" what was right and good for me. I've somehow found my way back to that place, only, it seems, I'm becoming more that way then ever before. But, the fear that runs now, that didn't exist before, is the fear of hurting others because of that refusal to "explain, validate or justify". But, when I try to explain, validate and justify my actions or the process of getting to where I want to go, it doesn't feel real to me. As the quote says your "friends" don't need it and your "enemies won't believe you anyway."
So, I want to take this opportunity to say, I'm not going to edit, rehearse, perform or hide anything, I'm not going to explain, validate or justify my actions or being who I am. Just know, along this road, it's not about You, it's me being who I truly am, going where I need to go.
"The visionary is the one who brings his or her voice into the world 'as is' and who refuses to edit, rehearse, perform, or hide it. It is the visionary who knows that the power of creativity is aligned with bold authenticity."
--Angeles Arrien
No comments:
Post a Comment