Friday, January 02, 2009

Reflections . . .

It's hard to believe that another year has come and gone, but it has. Christmas 2008 was a pleasure. Quiet, simple, and easy. I even flew to Dallas and back and even with the bad weather, delays and such, I had a good time, my fear of flying seems to have taken flight, I'm very happy about that! Just like the years of Laran's youth, she and I had Santa alone, together on Christmas morning. I love the gifts I received, one of which is a beautiful pink crystal star. What I loved most though was what the Princess said when I opened it. She said "Look Mom it's like the one you gave me a few years ago, mine is right there!" Her's is a different shape and color, but what matters is the incredible feeling of knowing that your child wants to give you back something like you once gave her! Thank you Princess for a wonderful Christmas and I'm looking forward to sharing Christmas 2009 with a special little Blueberry!
Once I arrived back home, things kinda went down hill! Don't know to what, but I had an allergic reaction to something and spent 3 days in bed covered in whelps, downing Benadryl and slathering Cortaid all over my body. The whelps are gone but they left behind a terrible winter cold. Today is really the first since I got back home that I feel a little like myself.

I sat down at this computer, looked out my front window and what do I see, a beautiful yellow gladiola in full bloom in the middle of winter and, it set my mind to thinking! That gladiola obviously has a mind of it's own, and is not controlled by it's environment. A good lesson there I think.

So, what's my New Year's Resolution? To simply be more of all the things I like about Me!

No comments: