This pretty picture is from the Mother's Day card that was sent to me by my Princess Daugher, Laran, her husband Greg, their soon to be Princess Daughter Rylee Claire and their two sons (their dogs) Doby and Yankee! The Princess and I actually celebrated Mother's Day last Saturday, a trip to the beauty salon, makeup by YSL and lunch at Neimans. It was a fun day! Thanks Princess for the day, for the card and for being a very special You! Last weekend, at a baby shower given for The Princesses (Laran and Rylee) by some close friends of Laran, Laran gave all the Hostesses, Hostess Gifts and she gave me a gift also. Part of my gift was a beautiful, jeweled Peacock picture frame which contained a quote she had chosen to put in the frame. Here's the quote. . .
"First of all she is my Mother, with a capital 'M';
she's something sacred to me.
I love her dearly...
She is also a good friend, someone I can talk openly with."
-- Sophia Loren
The quote is absolutely correct, First of all, I am Laran's Mother! Being given the gift of being "Laran's Mother" is what I love most about being Me! While raising Laran, I was always her Mother First, she always had lot's of friends but she only had one Mother. I always wanted to be what every child needs most, her Mother. Along the way we became friends which I don't believe would have happened if I hadn't been her Mother First!
While sitting here this morning, my own Mother pulls up in front of my house and honks (which I've asked her not to do at least 10 times, it makes Sunny crazy). Usually her honking irritates the crap out of me. But, this morning, it kinda made me giggle! I found a part of my own Mother to love in that honk this morning! My Mother is going to be who she is, she's going to do what she does and she's going to honk her horn no matter what! (Maybe that's where I got the part of me that's going to be me no matter what!) I went out to see what she wanted and what she wanted was to give me my monthly supply of magazines, honking because she wanted to give me something. Hmmm, maybe I've been a little to hard on her all these years. I think I'll take a cue from The Princess, I'll accept that her "honking" is about My Mother being who she is, someone that's always wanting to give me something. When she appears, Sunny will just have to bark! Maybe Sunny is really barking because she's excited to see Baba!
When I came back inside, I started thinking about her and something she once said to me. Being me, as we were riding down the road one day, I was asking her questions about her life, the question? Is there anything you wish you had done differently? Her response "I wish I had been nicer to your Daddy." I loved My Mother in that moment more than I think I ever had before or have since and, I felt an ache in my heart for her, when she said that, my Daddy had already been gone for a while. It made me sad that she is carrying that regret with her.
My Mother's Day advice . . . Don't let that happen to You, think about it. Is there someone in your life that if they were gone you would wish you had been nicer to them? Is there anyone in your life that doesn't treat you the way you deserve to be treated? Is the person You need to be nicer to Yourself? If it's another person or Yourself, don't let regret stack up on You, be nicer where ever you need to be whether it's to someone else and most of all, if you need to be Nicer to Yourself, Do It!
Happy Mother's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment