Saturday, September 05, 2009

A sense of dismay . . .


The recent controversy about President Obama addressing school children has gotten my blood boiling like nothing has in a very long time! This country, that I have always been so very proud of, is made up of a variety of political view, religions, cultures and flavors! That has always been one of the things I love the most about this country! But this past week has made me question the segment of our population that seems to have a problem with the man that was elected President of this country speaking to their children. Being a mother and recently becoming a grandmother, I hope that I've taught my child and will one day play a part in teaching my grandchild about critical thinking! There have always been and will always be differences of opinions and, Thank God for that! I don't always want to eat vanilla ice cream, no matter how good Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla is, I want the opportunity to choose and I think I have taught my child to choose!

The one thing that has been consistent in my beliefs is a belief in respect, for this country and all that represents this country to me! The reaction by some to the President of the United States addressing their children shows a complete lack of respect whether you agree with his politics or not, he is the President of this country. It's dismaying and disturbing that so many parents in this country spend so little time educating their own children that they are fearful about what they might hear!!! I think it's one more example of parents not taking responsibility for what they have brought into our world! I grew up with a father that I pretty much agreed with on almost everything. On the other hand, their is a part of my family that I don't agree with on anything, not politics, not religion, not even the best flavor of ice cream! But, I have a family that have never been afraid to think for theirselves! We were taught that by our parents and, most of us don't think like our parents! We are a family of Democrats, Republicans, Christians, Catholics, Buddhists, blondes, brunettes, blue-eyed, green-eyed, brown-eyed, vanilla loving, chocolate loving mixture of America! The discussions can get heated, but the feeling of love never leaves and a sense of respect is always present and no one is afraid that they can't Teach Their Own Children Well and no one, and I mean no one would suggest that listening is ever a bad thing! As a matter of fact, the art of listening is one of the most loving things an individual can do! So, America, take responsibility, teach your children to listen and to be unique and special, teach them the art of critical thinking! Don't narrow their vision, broaden their horizons, let them be theirselves!!!!!

As for my favorite flavor!


But sometimes, I indulge my taste buds and have Blue Bell - The Great Divide - 1/2 creamy Vanilla and 1/2 Milk Chocolate! Imagine that!

AND, READ THE BOOK!!!!




1 comment:

LaranO said...

Here, Here Momma! I agree wholeheartedly...and I am a proud lover of Blue Bell Moo-lennium Crunch!