Monday, December 19, 2005
Mia Speaks
Lessons, Lessons and more Lessons. Saturday I spent the morning helping my Mother get ready for a dinner party. For 48 years it was almost impossible for us to stay in the same room together for longer than an hour. Now, she calls me asks for my help, we chat like two school girls and giggle at things that only the two of us understand. If you have a difficult relationship with your Mother, don't wait 48 years to put yourself in her shoes, see what her world "looked" like and then see what you would have done. In other words, take your feelings out of it and try to be a disinterested party to her choices that may have hurt you so much! I'm incredibly lucky, that "Mother/Daughter" friction has never existed between Me and My Precious Princess Daughter, for that I will always be eternally grateful. On Sunday, again spending time with my Mother, while alone in the car, out of nowhere I asked my Mother if she had any regrets, what came next, I never thought I'd hear but, always hoped I would! She said "I wish I would have been nicer to Your Daddy!" I said, "Was he nice to you?" She said, "Yes." I said well, "all you have to do to get rid of that regret is to ask him for forgiveness." She looked at me like I had lost my mind (my Dad passed away in 1998). I said he'll hear you, he'll forgive you and you will be rid of that regret. After a few minutes of total silence, she looked at me, smiled and looked like she was years younger. My next question, "Is there anything you haven't done that you want to do?" Her answer, "No!" I was very happy to hear that. So, if you need forgiveness, ask for it! Clean it up now! You will feel better, look younger, be more receptive to giving forgiven, don't carry that garbage with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're so wise, my sweet mother. I am so, so, so, so glad that you and my sweet Baba have found such a wonderful friendship together. This wish has been in my prayers for all of my 26 years and I'm glad those prayers have finally been answered. I know it probably does her a world of good to have someone, like you, who helps her search her soul with questions like these you mentioned. You are so good for each other, as you and I are. Lots and Lots of Love!!!!
-The So-Called Precious Princess
Post a Comment