Friday, January 05, 2007

The Only Autograph I Ever Asked For, or If You Had To What Would You?

Who do these eyes belong to? They belong to the Only person I've ever asked for an autograph, not because I wanted the autograph, but because it was an excuse to see her up close. Why? Well, girls sometimes do this thing, "I wish I had - - -'s legs, or - - - lips, or ---'s whatever. Rebuilding their bodies with someone's parts that they feel are superior to their own. I listened to those conversations, didn't participate, I always felt like I was pretty lucky to have what I had that was all my own. Then, one day a friend who was irritated by my lack of participation asked in a huffy manner "Well, if you HAD to look like someone else, who would it be?" I'd never thought about that before, but without hesitation, the name of the owner of these eyes popped out of my mouth! No one in the group knew who she was, as I explained who she was, I realized I knew more about her then I thought and I was a bit fascinated by her.

Who is she? She's Catherine Deneuve. A very successful French actress. Deneuve won an Academy Award for Indochine, was the Chanel No. 5 girl in the 80's and is still, today, a busy actress and a very beautiful woman!















I didn't realize until I made that statement, that Deneuve is truly my ideal of a beautiful woman. I became even more interested in her from that moment on. Something my friends don't know, after that conversation, whenever their was a foreign film showing in Houston starring Catherine Deneuve, off I'd go usually to a Saturday afternoon matinee to watch her on the big screen.

A few years later, Deneuve came out with her "own" fragrance. Oh my, Deneuve is promoting her fragrance and she's coming to Houston. Off I went, to stand in line, I didn't care about the autograph, I just wanted to see her up close. They were giving out beautiful booklets for her to autograph and you could buy her fragrance and she would sign the bottle cap with a gold sharpie (I still have that bottle)! Beautiful packaging!
When it came my turn, a bit embarrassed to be asking for an autograph, I handed her the booklet and asked that she autograph it for my daughter (Laran was way too young to even know who Deneuve was at that time). She signed it, then I handed her the fragrance and asked that she autograph the top for my daughter's mother. She got it and chuckled. (All during this exchange, I was looking into her eyes with surprise and amazement). I thanked her and as I started to walk away, she said in her very french accent "Excuse me" I turned, looked her in the eyes once again and she said "You have beautiful eyes!" Then, we both laughed and I said "So do you." At that moment, we were both looking into a pair of eyes that looked a whole like like our own! In her photographs, her eyes almost always look brown, but her eyes are green. Even greener then they appear above, as are mine. Deneuve's green eyes were a big surprise to me!
I love green eyes, I love the way she looks, I love her fragrance, I love her style. The below ad pretty much says it all about my style and Ms. Deneuve's!


Are you wondering why I told you all that? Well, because I wanted to!

P. S. In my pursuit for the perfect blondness, recently, my hair color has become more "Deneuve"! Sorry Locklear, you aren't nearly as classy as Deneuve!

No comments: