Last night, I arrived home after spending 5 days on a road trip with my sister, Carlita. It's the only time I can remember the two of us being alone for that length of time. I had a great time, I enjoyed her company, and all things worked in our favor.
The weather was perfect. I learned a lot at the convention we attended. We visited a town I had visited a couple of times before, but only for brief intervals to hear voices sing.
I discovered on this trip that I Love Fort Worth, Texas. And, boy is it Texas! We had dinner with the Princess and her friend, Nicole at a restaurant that's excellent! If you are ever in Fort Worth, be sure and indulge your taste buds at http://www.lonesomedovebistro.com/. Not only is the food delicious, it's a fun place to spend some time.
Even with all the good of the last 5 days, when I arrived home, I plopped down on my bed and simply laid there for almost an hour. Didn't listen to messages or return calls, didn't turn the computer on, just laid on my bed and celebrated being in my own space. For after all is said and done, there is no place like your own home, and I was happy to return to mine!
No comments:
Post a Comment