It's been said that life runs in a cycle of seven years. If I look back over my life, I tend to agree with that. Of course, if you look at the above dates you will count 8 years, so an explanation is in order.
On August 1, 1998, I made a choose to do something that totally changed my life from top to bottom. It was the beginning of a change in the darkness that I had been experiencing since January of 1998, and it was also the beginning of some really good things, work I'm proud of and seeing a good side of myself that I never knew existed. Unfortunately, it was also the beginning of a dark side of me that I never knew I had showing up!
When I woke up this morning and realized what this date is the anniversary of, I also thought about that "7-year cycle" thing. In August of 2005 that 7-year cycle ended and my life began again. A new job, a new place to life, loads of problems and issues behind me. The last year has been the best I've had in longer than I can remember. Yes, there have been some stops and starts, but mostly starts. Yes, there are things I still need to do to put that darkness to rest, but now, I know I have the strength to do those things!
In the past year, I've finally gotten to a place of forgiving myself, and any and all others that ever did anything that caused me pain, whether they knew they were doing it or not! Hurrah, no more poison for me! I also let go of somethings and some people who were not really who they said there were. I feel like I've come back home, my life is full of close, intimate friends that I trust beyond all else, it's the only kind of life I've ever felt comfortable with. A cheerleader I have never been and never wanted to be.
August 1st will forever be one of those defining dates in my life but, just like January 15th, the sorrow has been felt and has moved on and those dates now are full of sweet memories of those that I've loved and the adventures we shared.
With the acknowledgment of the new cycle my life is now in, I thought a new look was appropriate, I hope you like it!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment