Below is Introspection - Act II, here are my thoughts!
When I read it for the first time yesterday, because of the personal relationship I share with the author, my reaction was sorrowful and a bit sweet. While I know there was a time when she could have been lamenting about me, I know this time she isn't. It's sweet to know that the part of me that would provoke these words is no longer present. Sorrowful because I know of what she speaks. Though I hope I never again do anything to cause the emotions that were churning within her when she wrote these words, to save her the pain from it being as bad is it can possibly be, I wish in this instant that it was me! But, since it isn't and I hope it never will be, I'll just take a stand to be here any and all the times she needs me, just like she did for me!
Introspection – Act II
It comes creeping along like stealth into the night
It preys upon its victims blindly without sight
Sometimes it woos you and lures you along
Sometimes it sings a lovely siren’s song
There are days you don’t notice – living carefree
There are days you want to die - nevermore to be
Again, those moments that test my very being
How could I have loved you without ever seeing?
I dance with the notion that perhaps it’s not real
But deep within my core, that’s not how I feel
Trust evades me, again and again
Truth is elusive, no longer my friend
It shackles, it binds, and it mortally wounds my soul
The lie easily escapes your lips and my heart goes on the dole
May 12, 2006
CoCo’s Lament
No comments:
Post a Comment